Business Case: Car Rental Inc.
• The firm has a number of rental agencies in several provinces. Each agency is identified by a Agency_Number and its location.
• Each agency is assigned one or more employees. Attributes of employee include Employee_ID and Employee_Name. An employee must be assigned to only one rental office.
• For each agency, there is always one employee assigned to manage that office. An employee may manage only agency to which s/he is assigned.
• The agencies rent several classes of vehicles: compact, midsize, full size, sport utility. Each vehicle is managed by one agency. Customers might rent vehicles frAom the different agencies.
• Vehicles are to be described by data such as: make, model, year of production, engine size, fuel type, number of passengers, registration number, purchase price, purchase date, rent price and insurance details.
• There are two types of customers: privileged and casual. For the privileged category of customers special credit card facilities are provided. These customers may also book in advance (reservation) a particular car. Information stored for each booking (reservation) includes customer, car, estimated amount, date of rental and date on which the vehicle is to be returned. If a vehicle is available, the customer’s details are recorded (if not stored already) and a new booking is made. These reservations can be made for any period of time up to one month.
• Bookings can be cancelled if the agency is informed at least 24 hrs before the booking date.
• Casual customers cannot book in advance and must pay a deposit for an estimated time of rental at the time they rent the vehicle, unless they wish to pay by credit card. All major credit cards accepted.
• For each rental (for either privileged or casual), the agency keeps track of the date it was rented, the date the vehicle is returned, vehicle, customer and the rental total charged amount.
• Personal details (such as name, address, telephone number, driving license, number) about each customer are kept in the database.
• A customer (either privileged or casual) cannot rent a car for longer than four weeks. .
• Vehicles need to be maintained and repaired and the database is required to keep track of this. All major repairs and maintenance are done by subcontractors (i.e. franchised garages), with whom the rental company has long-term agreements. Therefore the data about garages to be kept in the database includes garage names, addresses, range of services and the like. Some garages require payments immediately after a repair has been made; with others the rental company has made arrangements for credit facilities.
1. Draw the ERD of the database that could be used to support the operations of the business described in the case (6 marks). The ERD should identify:
Primary keys and Foreign keys;
Entities and Attributes;
Relationships and Cardinalities (e.g. one-to-one, one-to-many).
Next to the ERD in your submission, list the assumptions made when designing the ERD. If an element of the business case does not provide the information necessary to know for certain whether one design choice should be made over another, the choice you make will be accepted if it correctly reflects your assumptions.
Outstanding Academic Writing Service
At MyMasterPapers.com, you are assured of professional essay writing help from the leading experts online. Quality comes at the forefront of our custom writing service to ensure that all our customers are satisfied with the work delivered. We value repeat customers. For this reason, we ensure that each task is completed to perfection for high scores.
Our hiring process is highly intensive. The writers are exposed to a strict selection procedure before hiring to ensure that we acquire the most qualified, well-educated and experienced writers. Our team of writers, professors, editors and researchers will ensure that you get incredible results.
We highly discourage plagiarism. For this reason, we have trained our writers in such a way that all the papers are written from scratch and are free from plagiarism. We also pay attention to ensure that each paper is completed as per the instructions provided. Referencing and citations are done as per the paper format selected by the customer. These include: APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, Turabian among others.
24/7 Customer Support
You can contact our support team via the chat window at the bottom right corner. Alternatively, feel free to email us via our support email: email@example.com. Our team is available 24/7 to respond to your queries and guide you though where need be.
Swift Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Simply choose the desired deadline when placing the order. The task is assigned to the most qualified writer as soon as the order is successfully placed. All the papers are delivered to you within the deadline selected. In case a paper cannot be delivered within the deadline selected, we request for a deadline extension within the shortest time possible.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our customers can always request for a revision in case they feel that something needs to be added or changed after the final paper has been delivered. We do not charge for revisions. However, we highly discourage our customers from misusing this policy.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Mymasterpapers.com specializes in custom essay writing for all level of students. Simply relax as we get your paper done within the timeline indicated.
Our team of skilled writers and researchers is readily available to get any type of academic paper completed. We deliver high quality papers and projects to our customers to ensure that we maintain a long-term relationship that will shine your academic career.
Admission Essays & Professional Writing
An admission essay allows you to express yourself by providing personal details that wouldn’t have fit on other areas of an application. We have a team of experienced writers who will get you to the desired academic level through a professional and a personalized admission essay.
Editing & proofreading
Are you seeking for editing or proofreading help? We have a team of editors who will ensure that any issue within you paper has been addressed. Upload the paper to be cleaned up and relax as we get the job done.
At mymasterpapers.com, you can always ask for revision in case you want some changes in you paper. We focus on ensuring that the grammar, research and formatting are done as per the latest academic writing standards.