By the second half of the 1800s, the scientific study of psychology was becoming well established in university laboratories. Although there were a few scattered voices calling for applied psychology, the general field looked down upon this idea and insisted on “pure” science as the only respectable practice. This changed when Lightner Witmer (1867-1956), a past student of Wundt and head of the psychology department at the University of Pennsylvania, agreed to treat a young boy who had trouble with spelling. His successful treatment was soon to lead to Witmer’s opening of the first psychological clinic at Penn in 1896, dedicated to helping children with learning disabilities. Ten years later in 1907, Witmer was to found the first journal of this new field, The Psychological Clinic, where he coined the term “clinical psychology”, defined as “the study of individuals, by observation or experimentation, with the intention of promoting change” The field was slow to follow Witmer’s example, but by 1914, there were 26 similar clinics in the U.S. Even as clinical psychology was growing, working with issues of serious mental distress remained the domain of psychiatrists and neurologists. However, clinical psychologists continued to make inroads into this area due to their increasing skill at psychological assessment. Psychologists’ reputation as assessment experts became solidified during World War I with the development of two intelligence tests, Army Alpha and Army Beta (testing verbal and nonverbal skills, respectively), which could be used with large groups of recruits.
1. Could you please tell me the standard range of serum alkaline phosphatase values for the liver function test? The parameters are only stated once, with a reading of 1000 indicating a severe liver disorder.
2. On three occasions, my patient’s serum bilirubin level was found to be 34 mol/L (2 mg/dL). The results of the other liver tests are normal. How will I prove he has Gilbert’s disease, if he claims to have it?
3. Which study of comparative psychologists consists of the ways that animals position themselves in reaction to light, heat and other forces?
4. Define comparative psychology
5. What’s the link between rheumatoid arthritis and losing weight? Is it possible for treatment to help with weight loss while also controlling the disease?
6. Which are the two main groups included in psychological disturbances?
7. What induces moderate thrombocytopenia in Bernard-Soulier syndrome? It’s a qualitative rather than a quantitative platelet disorder.
8. What theory focuses on the emotional basis of abnormal behavior?
9. Which treatment is often used to help neurotics and psychotics to understand and resolve their conflicts and anxieties?
10. Ketonuria is divided into many categories. I couldn’t find a detailed explanation in any textbooks, so if you could have one, that would be fantastic.
Outstanding Academic Writing Service
At MyMasterPapers.com, you are assured of professional essay writing help from the leading experts online. Quality comes at the forefront of our custom writing service to ensure that all our customers are satisfied with the work delivered. We value repeat customers. For this reason, we ensure that each task is completed to perfection for high scores.
Our hiring process is highly intensive. The writers are exposed to a strict selection procedure before hiring to ensure that we acquire the most qualified, well-educated and experienced writers. Our team of writers, professors, editors and researchers will ensure that you get incredible results.
We highly discourage plagiarism. For this reason, we have trained our writers in such a way that all the papers are written from scratch and are free from plagiarism. We also pay attention to ensure that each paper is completed as per the instructions provided. Referencing and citations are done as per the paper format selected by the customer. These include: APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, Turabian among others.
24/7 Customer Support
You can contact our support team via the chat window at the bottom right corner. Alternatively, feel free to email us via our support email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is available 24/7 to respond to your queries and guide you though where need be.
Swift Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Simply choose the desired deadline when placing the order. The task is assigned to the most qualified writer as soon as the order is successfully placed. All the papers are delivered to you within the deadline selected. In case a paper cannot be delivered within the deadline selected, we request for a deadline extension within the shortest time possible.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our customers can always request for a revision in case they feel that something needs to be added or changed after the final paper has been delivered. We do not charge for revisions. However, we highly discourage our customers from misusing this policy.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Mymasterpapers.com specializes in custom essay writing for all level of students. Simply relax as we get your paper done within the timeline indicated.
Our team of skilled writers and researchers is readily available to get any type of academic paper completed. We deliver high quality papers and projects to our customers to ensure that we maintain a long-term relationship that will shine your academic career.
Admission Essays & Professional Writing
An admission essay allows you to express yourself by providing personal details that wouldn’t have fit on other areas of an application. We have a team of experienced writers who will get you to the desired academic level through a professional and a personalized admission essay.
Editing & proofreading
Are you seeking for editing or proofreading help? We have a team of editors who will ensure that any issue within you paper has been addressed. Upload the paper to be cleaned up and relax as we get the job done.
At mymasterpapers.com, you can always ask for revision in case you want some changes in you paper. We focus on ensuring that the grammar, research and formatting are done as per the latest academic writing standards.