Design a procedure for determining the rate of reaction with respect to hydrogen ion. Use a guideline
Part 1: Determination of Rate wrt thiosulfate ion:
1.Using the 250 mL beakers, collect about 150 mL of 0.100 mol/L thiosulfate solution. Using the 100 mL beaker, collect about 60 mL of hydrochloric acid.
2.Construct a data table showing the initial molar concentration of thiosulfate ion, the time required for the reaction, and 1/Δt. Making three replications of this experiment and taking the average time for reaction of these three trials.
3. Determine the volume of 0.200 mol/L HCl reactant required to have an initial concentration of 0.010 mol/L in a TOTAL volume of 40.0 mL. (Take dilution into account!!) Add this volume of HCl to each of the 50 mL beakers. Note these volumes, and calculate what volume of water must be added to each beaker to ensure the total volume will be 40.0 mL.
4. Determine the amount of 0.100 mol/L S2O3 2- solution needed to have initial concentrations of thiosulfate of 0.020, 0.040, 0.060, 0.080, and 0.095 mol/L in a TOTAL volume of 40 mL.
5.Add the volume of water needed for each beaker as calculated in step 4 (Take the volume of HCL already added into account!)
6. Ensure that the button of your 50 mL beakers is dry. Place the beaker onto the filter paper so that the “X” can be clearly seen when viewed from above.
7. Add the calculated volume of thiosulfate solution and start the stopwatch. Start with the most concentrated solution. One partner views the reaction from above while the other times the reaction. When the “X” is no longer CLEARLY visible, stop the watch and record the elapsed time (in seconds), and enter it into a data table. Then, calculate the value for 1/Δt.
Note: Exactly when the “X” is ‘no longer clearly visible’ is a judgment call. It is important that the SAME OBSERVER make this decision. In any event, you should not wait for any longer than 10 minutes (300 seconds) for a reaction to occur. In the event that no reaction has occurred within 10 minutes, record the time value as “>600s”.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each of the other four beakers. When finished, dump the contents of the beaker into the waste container in the fumehood.
9. Repeat the experiment to get a total of three sets of data. Take the average values for Δt and 1/Δt.
10. Plot a graph of 1/Δt vs initial [S2O3 2-] and determine the order of the reaction. (Write
the second plot of 1/Δt vs [S2O3 2-])
Outstanding Academic Writing Service
At MyMasterPapers.com, you are assured of professional essay writing help from the leading experts online. Quality comes at the forefront of our custom writing service to ensure that all our customers are satisfied with the work delivered. We value repeat customers. For this reason, we ensure that each task is completed to perfection for high scores.
Our hiring process is highly intensive. The writers are exposed to a strict selection procedure before hiring to ensure that we acquire the most qualified, well-educated and experienced writers. Our team of writers, professors, editors and researchers will ensure that you get incredible results.
We highly discourage plagiarism. For this reason, we have trained our writers in such a way that all the papers are written from scratch and are free from plagiarism. We also pay attention to ensure that each paper is completed as per the instructions provided. Referencing and citations are done as per the paper format selected by the customer. These include: APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, Turabian among others.
24/7 Customer Support
You can contact our support team via the chat window at the bottom right corner. Alternatively, feel free to email us via our support email: email@example.com. Our team is available 24/7 to respond to your queries and guide you though where need be.
Swift Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Simply choose the desired deadline when placing the order. The task is assigned to the most qualified writer as soon as the order is successfully placed. All the papers are delivered to you within the deadline selected. In case a paper cannot be delivered within the deadline selected, we request for a deadline extension within the shortest time possible.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our customers can always request for a revision in case they feel that something needs to be added or changed after the final paper has been delivered. We do not charge for revisions. However, we highly discourage our customers from misusing this policy.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Mymasterpapers.com specializes in custom essay writing for all level of students. Simply relax as we get your paper done within the timeline indicated.
Our team of skilled writers and researchers is readily available to get any type of academic paper completed. We deliver high quality papers and projects to our customers to ensure that we maintain a long-term relationship that will shine your academic career.
Admission Essays & Professional Writing
An admission essay allows you to express yourself by providing personal details that wouldn’t have fit on other areas of an application. We have a team of experienced writers who will get you to the desired academic level through a professional and a personalized admission essay.
Editing & proofreading
Are you seeking for editing or proofreading help? We have a team of editors who will ensure that any issue within you paper has been addressed. Upload the paper to be cleaned up and relax as we get the job done.
At mymasterpapers.com, you can always ask for revision in case you want some changes in you paper. We focus on ensuring that the grammar, research and formatting are done as per the latest academic writing standards.