LAWS 2302 T—Criminal Law
Course Assignment: Case analysis review
Percentage of grade: 20%
Each student will be required to complete an assignment that reflects their knowledge and
understanding of the Canadian Criminal Justice System (CCJS). The transcripts provided as part of this assignment are an excerpt from a preliminary inquiry hearing. Each student will be required to review, analyze and report their findings in completing this assignment.
1) Students must thoroughly review the transcripts that have been provided.
2) Students must identify the following:
• The legal issues that the judge must decide upon
• The type of case
• The applicable legislation(s)
• The section(s) of the applicable legislation that relates to the offence(s)
• The weaknesses in the Crown’s case
• All potential defences available to the accused
• The anticipated outcomes and why
* It may help you to review Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 12 of the “Criminal Law” textbook.
3) Completed assignments should be between 7-10 pages in length, double-spaced.
4) The assignments will be evaluated for style, organization, spelling, and grammar in addition to
content and legal analysis. Please proof-read your assignment before submitting it.
5) Be sure to include a cover page for your assignment. The cover page should indicate: your name,
student number, name of the assignment, the name of the professor, the class name and section
number (LAWS 2302T). You should also include the due date on the cover page.
6) Please complete a bibliography for any outside information that you use in accordance with the
Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation. Any student caught plagiarizing will receive an
automatic Fail on the assignment and may be subject to additional sanctions.
Assignments will be marked out of 100.
Content – 40 marks
Legal Analysis – 40 marks
Presentation (structure, flow, spelling, grammar) – 20 marks
The assignments are to be submitted via CuLearn on or prior to June 11th at 5:30pm. There will be a
10% deduction for each day the assignment is late.
Case analysis Review Marking Guide
Requirements Comments Mark
• The applicable legislation(s) (5 marks)
• The type of case/s (3 marks)
• The applicable sections of the legislation(s) (7 marks)
• The legal issues to be decided (5 marks)
• The applicable defences (5 marks)
• The strength of Crown’s case (5 marks)
• The anticipated outcomes (10 marks)
• Does the paper advance an argument/position?
• Does the paper have a coherent argument?.
• Is the argument sufficiently explained?
• Is the argument sufficiently supported?
• Are the facts of the case applied?
• Is the evidence well-linked to the argument?
• Is the appropriate legal terminology used?
Structure and Style:
• Does the paper have a clear introduction?
• Does the paper have a logical flow?
• Is the paper clear and concise?
• Does the paper avoid spelling and grammar mistakes?
• Is the writing understandable?
• Is the language used in the paper appropriate?
• Does the paper include the proper legal terms
Please take a look at the uploaded files. Everything you need like the transcript for this assignment will be there. Citations must be with in accordance with the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.